Well folks, it’s been a little while, and I have to say my weight loss journey has hit a few bumps in the road. I had doubled my class load, and was experiencing increased stress (work and other personal issues) and decreased time. I had a peak weight of 192 over the past few months.
To be honest, I did more running to catch the pizza delivery man than to the gym. I’m waiting for the gym to start sending “we miss you” emails! My head and heart just weren’t there. But I needed to do something. I’d been feeling awful, not at all healthy, out of energy, trouble sleeping, my hair was falling out,my skin didn’t look at healthy as it could,etc. My clothes were starting to “shrink”, and I new I had to stop blaming the dryers at the laundromat!
Well sometimes you have to hit bottom to bounce back. I’M BACK…
Very recently, I began reevaluate my approach. What could I do? Even though I haven’t been working out, I have started to incorporate changes into my diet. I had been really bad y’all: falling into temptation with soda, drinking coffee drinks, eating out, and a lot of sweets. NOW I have subbed carrot juice for soda (upcoming post on that), getting salads, increasing fiber, eating a lot of fruits and vegetables, and drinking water. Not only do I feel better, but I can happily report a new weight:
Today is the last day I will weigh:
So, with this new tactic in mind, I’m going to have a lot of food/nutrition focused posts coming up. You have the most control over what you eat , and for many, it is the easiest place to start living a healthy lifestyle. Future info will include:
- My journey through the 30 recommended superfoods: http://www.realsimple.com/health/nutrition-diet/healthy-eating/the-30-healthiest-foods-00000000051152/
- A look at MyPlate, the new nutritional guideline graphic
- New Recipes
- Resources for New Exercises ( I haven’t forgotten the gym, and will look for tools to help you build a workout as well)
- Guest posts! (So we won’t have so much time between our chats)
- Topics you want to learn more about. Tell me!